Sunday 5 May 2013

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#2)

Harry Potter moment of the week is a meme started by Uncorked Thoughts. The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object, quote etc. from the books/films/J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related. 

I'm a little late this week, but better late than never, right? This week's the topic is...favourite newspaper in the series.

Okay, I'm going to say The Daily Prophet. Yes, I know, it treated Harry pretty badly, not to mention Sirius and Dumbledore, but that was rogue reporters and editors, and not the newspaper as a whole.

I'm probably taking this week's meme a little seriously, but I'm a journalist, and my industry has been going through some tough times over the last few years. I know that papers are rarely bad, it's the people who work for them that can make them bad, and luckily they are in a small minority.

I think The Daily Prophet was a bad paper for a while, but that was down to Rita Skeeter and then the Ministry feeding the paper propoganda. I like to believe that once the paper sorted itself out, it went on to become a proper investigative, trustworthy source of news.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us :D. Yeah I get what you mean, I jsut think with the Daily Prophet it would be amazing to see the moving photos. The one of ROn and his family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favourite photos. And, in the films, seeing the Death Eaters screaming out from the front page of the Daily Prophet is pretty scary.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I love love the Daily Prophet too.. and right now I am re-reading book 7 and totally forgot that there is an Evening Prophet too!!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd completely forgotten about the Evening Prophet. Book seven is probably the one I've read the least.

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...