Saturday 15 June 2013

Stacking the Shelves (#9)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves, be they physical or virtual, sent to you for review, bought, or borrowed from the library.

Bought

Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter - a light summer read
Deja Dead, Death Du Jour, Deadly Decisions, Break No Bones and Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs - I've been wanting to read these ever since I started reading the Virals series by Reichs, and because I want to read some of the books before I start watching Bones
Mayada, Daughter of Iraq by Jean Sasson - when I was young I read Princess by this author, the story of a Saudi princess, which was fascinating and heartbreaking. This book looks intriguing, and as it's a true story (like Princess) it should strike an extra chord.
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood










Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer - I'm hoping to go to a book signing Colfer is doing tomorrow, but it's going to be very popular so I don't know if I'll get a space in the queue. *fingers crossed* I have his other book The Land of Stories, The Wishing Spell, so bought this for the signing. I won't be reading it until I've seen the film though (weird, I've never said that sentence that way round before!).






Borrowed

A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Missing You by Meg Cabot
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
Skin Deep by Nora Roberts











What have you added to your shelves?

18 comments:

  1. Great choices! I have read Blind Assassin and it is one of my favorite of her books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever read The Handmaid's Tale, and loved that, so thought it was about time I picked up some more Atwood.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Oooh great haul! I've read a lot of Margaret Atwood's short stories, but The Blind Assassin is never in stock at my library! :( Struck By Lightening also looks amazing, as well as The White Queen – can't wait for the tv show! :)

    My STS: http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the odd Gregory before, but never in any particular order, so I thought I'd start at the beginning of this series, and hopefully read The White Queen before watching the programme!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Great haul! The Blind Assassin is one of my all-time favorite books. I seriously adore it. I want to read Me And Mr. Darcy. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up The Blind Assassin on a whim, but you're the second person to say it's really good. I'm definitely looking forward to it now.

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Ooo, The White Queen! I haven't read that particular Gregory book. And Alice in Zombieland! I have that one on my Kindle, but I haven't read it yet. I hope you enjoy all of your books! Have a fantastic weekend :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a fairytale retelling, and although Alice in Wonderland isn't technically a fairytale, this book had me intrigued. I'll let you know how it goes.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Nice stack of Kathy Reichs! I still need to read her books. Alice in Zombieland is another to-read. Enjoy!
    Here are my newest additions from this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I started the wrong way round with Reichs, reading her YA stuff, so I'm only just moving to the adult stuff.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. Good luck at the book signing today! I've heard great things about the novel but like you want to wait for the film as well :)

    My (first!) Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided not to brave the signing. I'm too old to be queuing for six hours, and I can't compete with the fan girls! *sigh* I shall just have to hope I'll meet him another time.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Sarah

      Delete
    2. That's a shame :( At least not having to queue means more hours to read and catch up!

      Delete
    3. Although I was planning on just reading in the queue!

      Sarah

      Delete
  7. Lots of great books this week. I've heard a lot of good things of Alice in Zombieland. I can't wait to read that one myself.
    Happy reading,
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard very mixed things about Alice in Zombieland; but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually not heard about it before I picked it up at the library, so I have no expectations about it whatsoever!

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...