Sunday 25 August 2013

The Sunday Post (#20) and Showcase Sunday (#6)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren. They're a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, highlight our newest books and see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, or bought.


Book stuff this week on Girl!Reporter
Review - Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich
Top 10 Tuesday (#12) - things that make life as a reader/blogger easier
Elmore Leonard's 10 rules of writing
Review - Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
My week in books (#6) - a Roald Dahl competition, Margaret Atwood and how to get children reading

Books I added to my shelves


It's been a quiet week, which is no bad thing considering the amount of unread books I already own.

I won a copy of Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson from Random House (thanks!) through a Goodreads competition. This will be the first Wilson book I'll ever read - I think I was a bit too old for her novels so missed the boat, and have never got into them. I will say that I know how popular she is from when I worked at Cheltenham Festival of Literature - the queue for her book signing was longer than anyone else's!







My brother lent me A Fort of Nine Towers by Qais Akbar Omar, which is a true story. It looks pretty good.














What have you been up to this week?

20 comments:

  1. Nice haul! A Fort of Nine Towers has such a pretty cover!
    Happy reading!

    My books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully it'll be as good as it looks.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to have a quiet week for a change. Enjoy!
    Sharon
    www.sharonsbooknook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get to Sunday I'm always grateful for a quiet book week but during the week I'm always a little disappointed if the postman has nothing for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I dislike not getting post, but looking at my crammed bookshelves I'm glad for the brief reprieve.

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. I LOVED Jacqueline Wilson as a child - I'm not surprised the queue for her was the longest!

    I'm the same as everyone else - I like a quiet week as I already have so many books to read, but I do feel a little sad that the postman hasn't brought anything and that I don't have the excitement of a new book <3

    Megan xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The queue wrapped around the tent about three times, it was crazy, but fun and very good natured.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. I love quiet weeks where you can read as much as you like.
    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's a bank holiday this week so I get an extra day off to read - woo hoo!

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. I read JW books as a teenager and I loved them. Waiting for the sky to fall was one I read over and over. Enjoy :-)

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine reading Hetty Feather will prompt me to go and pick up other books by Wilson. Just what I need - another author to get addicted to!

      Sarah

      Delete
  7. The Wilson books look really cute. I don't think I've seen anything by this author before. Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilson is huge here. Her books have been made into television programmes, and kids adore her work.

      Sarah

      Delete
  8. Congrats on winning the Goodreads giveaway. I love entering those, it's so easy and quick!

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you've won some as well!

      Sarah

      Delete
  9. Ooo, I used to love Jacqueline Wilson's books when I was younger! I hope you enjoy them too :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...