Thursday 25 April 2013

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#1)

Harry Potter moment of the week is a meme started by Uncorked Thoughts. The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object, quote etc. from the books/films/J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related.

I've decided to take part in this meme because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and what other reason is needed but that? This week's the topic is...favourite house.

Gryffindor image from here.
I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and am going to say Gryffindor. If I was a character in Harry Potter, it would be Hermione - slightly nerdy, head always in a book, distinctly uncool, loyal to friends (I'm nowhere near as clever as Hermione though). So Gryffindor it is.

Gryffindor's colours are red and gold, and its mascot is a lion, which works for me since I was fascinated by big cats when I was younger!

Some of my favourite Gryffindor characters:

The whole Weasley family - who doesn't love the Weasleys?
•Oliver Wood - great sportsman. Mostly, though, I love the accent of the guy who plays him in the film.
•Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet - three women who more than held their own on the Quidditch team.

What is your favourite Harry Potter house?

8 comments:

  1. Yayy thanks for joining! :D I hope you enjoy this meme :).

    Pah, I was expecting everyone to big Gryffindor! It's a close second for me :) loyal, brave, the Weasleys? You can't really go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a bit cliche to pick Gryffindor, but I had to go with it! I'd rank Ravenclaw second, Slytherin (the non-evil bit of it) third and Hufflepuff fourth.

      Thanks for starting the meme!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Great pic! I loooved the Weasley, so awesome. Hermione is amazing as well. Nice pick. :D

    My HPMOTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fan made, and really gorgeous isn't it?

      Harder than picking my favourite house would be picking my favourite Weasley - I hope that's not a forthcoming question!

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Ah, you certainly cant go wrong with the Weasleys. And Oliver Wood! I loved that guy! Man that acccent. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally someone chose Gryffindor! I thought for sure more people would've picked that as their favorite house but I guess not! hahah!! Here is my Harry Potter Moment!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried that everyone would choose Gryffindor, but I guess not!

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...