Tuesday 10 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#14) - from page to screen


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish, where the writers, like me, are particularly fond of lists.

This week's topic is...
top ten books I would love to see as movie and/or TV show (set in a perfect world...in which the books we love aren't butchered).






1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
One of the best books I've read this year, and would make a stunning mini-series.

2. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
As an actor, Colfer's writing is quite episodic already, so this would work well as a children's programme.

3. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Kite Runner was a really good film, and I'd hope something equally good could be done with Hosseini's second novel

4. Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
A dystopia unlike the ones we've seen translated to the big screen before, this would have a really likeable hero.

5. After Tomorrow by Gillian Cross
A film of this would give an insight into the world that awaits if the financial crisis ever gets really, really, really bad.

6. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
A little Black Swan-ish, this would be a dark teen film.

7. Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
This could make either a film, or could be the basis of a television series. With Gossip Girl gone, 90210 going/losing the plot, and Pretty Little Liars having just revealed its biggest secret, there's a gap in the market for a high school drama.

8. The Heather Wells Mysteries by Meg Cabot
I love Heather Wells, and think she'd translate really well on film.

9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Surely this has already been picked up by the movie studios? Let me know.

10. The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
A touching story about friendship, this would have the vibe of Little Miss Sunshine or one of those kind of indie-ish films.

Alas, we don't live in a perfect world, so all these books would be ruined if turned into films or television programmes, so let's just keep them as novels! If we did live in a perfect world, though, what would you pick for the journey from page to screen?

30 comments:

  1. Great list! I haven't read any of these titles but I do have Gone Girl and The Universe Versus Alex Woods on my want-to-read list xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, they're both so good I don't know which you should read first!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I hope Throne of Glass has been opted myself!
    And I think Gone Girl will be a movie, I think I read about it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably go see Gone Girl as a film, but I think it would work better as a dark mini-series, a bit noir.

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Prep is a great choice. *sigh* I miss Gossip Girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen the last series, but I know who Gossip Girl is. I heard the last season is a bit of a mess - series one and two are still the best.

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Great list! I'm dying to read Gone Girl as there has been quite a lot of hype going around. I hope it won't let me down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really worried it wouldn't live up to the hype, but thank goodness it did, for me at least. I hope you like it as much.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. I've heard rumours that Gone Girl will be made into a film so I really hope they do it justice! Ditto on ToG :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm going to try not to get my hopes up with both Gone Girl and Throne of Glass, and then hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than bitterly disappointed.

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. Besides Heather Wells and Throne of Glass, I haven't read any of these, but now I will asap! Anything by Meg Cabot would be fantastic on screen :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like The Princess Diaries films, even though they weren't true to the books (hello, Chris Pine), so I agree that anything by Meg Cabot would be good on the big screen.

      Sarah

      Delete
  7. I love Heather Wells. I hope that does get made into a series. I'm reading Throne of Glass now and it would make an awesome film. I can't wait to watch Gone Girl, but I'm nervous, too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so nervous about Gone Girl. I'm really pessimistic and don't think it will work, but you never know!

      Sarah

      Delete
  8. Ah!!! I haven't read any of these. :( Now I feel so far behind! Great list though and thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, definitely read Throne of Glass, I think you'll like it.

      Sarah

      Delete
  9. Ah!!! I haven't read any of these. :( Now I feel so far behind! Great list though and thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing choices! I think Dance of Shadows would definitely be an interesting one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dance of Shadows would look really gorgeous, it's such a visual book already.

      Sarah

      Delete
  11. I've only read the first Heather Wells novel but I could totally see that being a movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would have the vibe of Confessions of a Shopaholic, but a bit darker!

      Sarah

      Delete
  12. HUGE yes to Throne of Glass! I'll love to see that on screen, along with two hot guys. ;D
    Great list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't actually read any of these (though several are on my TBR list), but I'm always in favor of mysteries, whether in book or screen form.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good mystery, but I'm rubbish at solving them!

      Sarah

      Delete
  14. Gah, still need to read Throne of Glass! However I suspect I would agree with you since I hear there is a lot of slicing and dicing ;-) Also love the german background :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, it's so good, I hope you enjoy it.

      I just loved the look of the font for the background!

      Sarah

      Delete
  15. Yes! Heather Wells would be perfect for screen! This needs to be a thing... right now!

    Thanks for sharing your list and also for stopping by my little blog! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...