Saturday 4 May 2013

Stacking the Shelves (#5)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves, be they physical or virtual, sent to you for review, bought, or borrowed from the library.

Borrowed

A few additions from the public library, including one I'm very happy about as I have the sequel at home but haven't been able to start it without reading the first one.

The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Seizure by Kathy Reichs
Code by Kathy Reichs

Seizure and Code are both from Reichs' YA series, which started with Virals, a great read. Go get it if you haven't read it already.




Bought
I forgot, I bought some books second hand last week. The Michael Palin collection contains his books for various television series:
Around the World in 80 days
Pole to Pole
Full Circle 
Himalaya
Sahara
 
What did you add to your shelves this week?

16 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Cinder but the reviews are so good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I started Cinder but had other books to read so I haven't finished it yet. :( Anyway, happy reading! :)

    - Christie @ The Shadower's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book of that stack that I have heard of is Cinder! I liked it - but I didn't love it. Which reminds me - I need to get a copy of Scarlet! Hopefully my local public library has a copy :D

    Enjoy your books!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. I've heard so much about it so I was a little afraid it wouldn't live up to expectations, but that's not the case at the moment.

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Cinder!!! Meep! Freaking love that book. Scarlet is super good as well! You'll be wanting that. ;)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Scarlet from the public library a few weeks ago, and have only just managed to get Cinder, so don't worry, I won't have to wait before I can continue the series.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. I've read the first two books of the Viral series but didn't even realise a third had been released. I'm soooo out of the loop lol. Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the first person I know who's read any of the Virals series. I'm glad to find another fan.

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. I've heard such good things about Cinder, but haven't read it. Happy reading!
    My StS@Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's living up to expectations at the moment!

      Sarah

      Delete
  7. Yey, I'm so glad you will get to read Cinder!!

    Here's my book haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a few chapters in and really enjoying it so far.

      Sarah

      Delete
  8. I have several of Kathy Riechs' books(Thanks to seeing Bones) but have not had the chance to read them yet. I hope you enjoy them :)
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of the books that inspired Bones, or watched the series. I will have to get on to both those things!

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...