Saturday 18 May 2013

Stacking the Shelves (#7)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves, be they physical or virtual, sent to you for review, bought, or borrowed from the library.

I didn't add much to bookshelves this week, but what I did add was quality.

For review
The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway - this is an epic (500+ pages) story of time travel and love. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

















Freebie
I went to a preview screening of The Great Gatsby, and everyone was given gorgeous film cover editions of the book.








What did you add to your shelves this week?
 

18 comments:

  1. Ooh The River of No Return looks intriguing. I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the plot summary just caught me. It's a long read, so I need to get started soon!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you got to go to the Gatsby screening- and get a book as well!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was a complete, and lovely surprise.

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. :D

    Check out my STS. There's some exciting news at the end of the post.

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. The Great Gatsby book looks fantastic! Enjoy.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the film, the book is very, very pretty.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. The River of No Return sounds very interesting. I just went to see the Great Gatsby two days ago. I loved it. It's one of my favorite classics and I think they did a really good job. That cover is very cool. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the film had a different vibe to the book, but I did enjoy it. I loved the colour and music, and of course, Leo!

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. The River of No Return looks really good, wish I get it soon as well!

    Happy reading!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to get started on it, so I'll let you know how it goes.

      Sarah

      Delete
  7. That's awesome that everyone was given editions with the film cover! I hope you enjoy everything. ;)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both look good. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The film cover edition of Gatsby is pretty cool - that novel is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant book, I haven't read it in years so I must do a reread.

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...