Tuesday 21 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#7) - Top Ten Favorite Book Covers Of Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish, where the writers, like me, are particularly fond of lists. 

This week's topic is...Top Ten Favorite Book Covers Of Books I've Read.
I'm not really one to judge a book by its cover, so this is a really difficult topic (I say that with every topic, don't I?!).





1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
While I think the book isn't amazingly written, I do love the cover of Twilight, and in face all of its sequels. Minimalist but striking.










2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling A lot of people say the American covers have better illustrations, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the very first book's British edition, since that was how I got into the series.









 
3. The Land of Stories - The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer Gorgeous, gorgeous cover from illustrator Brandon Dorman, who has also done the illustrations for Colfer's second novel, and they're just as gorgeous from the previews.








4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I quite like simple designs on book covers, and this, with just three colours, really works for me.








5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
There are many different covers for The Hunger Games, but this is the edition I own, and I'm a fan of it.








6. The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton One of my favourite books from childhood, and still a cover I love.








7. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
Just a beautiful cover, and I love the font used for the title.










8. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
I love shoes, therefore I love the covers of all of Weisberger's books!










9. Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Obviously, the West End/Broadway posters are much more famous now than the book cover, but I have to go back to where it began. Plus, my edition has green page edges.







10. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
One of my favourite books, and another minimalist cover that I love.











What book covers do you love?

10 comments:

  1. Must say that I love the Enid Blyton covers from the 70s and 80s much more than the washed out versions of today's editions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. The older ones just had so much character. I loved the hardback editions of things like the Secret Seven and Famous Five series.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. OMG I totally left out Twilight, crap!!!!! Great list!!!

    OUaT's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! That cover of Neil Gaiman's Stardust is intriguing =D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got an almost complete set of his books with the black covers, they're beautiful.

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Nice picks! I love Potter covers, American or British, but adult ones are the best.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The adult ones are very well done, but the children's ones will always be my first love!

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Dance of Shadows and Wicked... wow, I just love those two. I love the smirk on the witch's face on Wicked and Dance of the Shadows is its own unique masterpiece.
    Awesome picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dance of Shadows really impressed me. At first glance it's all colour and light, but look deeper and you can see the red is blood red and the white is shadows. Spooky.

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...